The Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a non-profit home improvement store, open to the public. We sell surplus new and used building and home improvement materials to the general public at 50% – 70% off retail pricing.
DONATED BUILDING MATERIALS HELP THOSE IN NEED AND THE COMMUNITY
The supply of materials sold in the store comes through donations by private citizens, contractors, and local home supply businesses. These materials can be remnants from building projects, overstocks, slightly damaged new merchandise, or any other building or home improvement materials that would otherwise end up in the landfill.
Benefits to the Community
- Less solid waste ends up in the landfill.
- Homeowners in the community are able to improve their property at a lower cost by making their purchases at the Habitat ReStore.
- People and businesses donating materials for sale in the ReStore save dumping costs and gain a tax deduction.
- Donating materials or shopping at the ReStore helps supports Habitat in its mission of building new homes for low income families in Alabama.
- More families are moved out of substandard housing into simple, decent homes giving them a new start and breaking the cycle of poverty.